Slow Food Edmonton is pleased to announce a hands-on food conference called Eat Alberta: A Celebration of Our Local Food Heroes. It will be held in downtown Edmonton on April 30th, 2011.
This is a DIY conference! Some of the hands on sessions include:
· Sausage making
· Cheese making demonstration
· Apple pie and pastry making
· Bread making
· Pasta making
Tasting sessions include:
· Fruit wine tasting
· Honey tasting
· Coffee tasting
· Canadian wine and cheese pairing
· Goat Cheese Tasting
There will also be opening and closing keynote sessions on urban gardening and urban homesteading, respectively.
What the day looks like:
· 8:30 to 5 p.m.
· Continental Breakfast followed by the morning keynote
· Two morning break out sessions (choose from 8 different sessions)
· A charcuterie and cheesetasting lunch with artisan breads
· Two afternoon break out sessions (choose from 8 different sessions)
· Closing session followed by a “wine” down
To register for this hands-on conference or for more information, please click the following link: www.eatalberta.ca.
Side note: We are “attempting” a local food blogger BLOG OUT to advertise this grass roots conference. I have agreed to participate in hopes that it will make a difference to my local food community.
All comments have been closed for this post. Thank you for dropping by this week. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, see you next week.