This post is long overdue. A while back Denise @ Quickies on the dinner table passed along some awards to me and I’ve been meaning to thank her for them. Denise is a loving mom and wife, wonderful blog friend and the genius author of this wonderful cookbook Quickies Morning Noon and Night. As a mother of two young ones I hardly have time to get myself a glass of water, let alone cook. So this is the perfect cookbook for me filled with simple, QUICK and easy recipes for all times of the day. I wanted to make a dish of hers to say thank you but my first attempt didn’t turn out too great. If you remember, this was my shameful first attempt.
This was what it was supposed to look like. (Picture taken off Denise’s website)
I couldn’t say thank you with such a failed attempt. So try again I did. Here’s my second attempt.
The first time it tasted great but was lacking in presentation. This time I’d have to say the presentation was much better, not quite exactly as her’s looked, but I’m proud to say it tasted spectacular. Now I can finally properly say thank you. So Denise, I can’t thank you enough for this wonderful recipe. This will definitely be a recurring dish in my household. Also thank you for generously passing on these awards to me.
Another person I need to thank is Lazaro from Lazaro Cooks. He blogs with Nancy, who is the vegan voice of Lazaro Cooks. Together they have formed a force to be reckoned with on their blog with delicious, mouth-watering recipes. Lazaro takes great pleasure in cooking, writing, and blogging. He writes for the Tastes section on Blogcritics. Please check out his blog and articles when you have the time, you won’t be disappointed. Thank you Lazaro for also passing on the Sunshine award and Honest Scrap award to me.
Last but not least, I would like to thank Tanantha of I Just Love My Apron. This self-taught, mom-taught, and experience-taught cook enjoys her time in the kitchen making beautiful, scrumptious dishes and it really shows on her blog. Thank you Tanantha for also passing on the Happy 101, Beautiful Blogger, and Sunshine awards to me.
Now I’d like to take the time to acknowledge and thank all the following bloggers for making this blogging experience a joyful, sincere, and DELICIOUS one for me. I love reading each and every one of your blogs and getting to know you all. Please feel free to take one, two, or all of these awards. Once again, don’t feel obligated to pass these on as I just wanted y’all to know you guys are tops in my book. Lazaro and Denise, I’d include you in this list but then we’d just be going in circles lol. You both know how I feel about your wonderful blogs.
- Ameena @ Fancy That….Fancy This: A captivating writing style mixed with a hilarious sense of humor makes for a great read on this lovely blog.
- Jessie @ The Happiness in Health: Always sharing healthy, fun recipes with her readers. She’s really quite the gem.
- Aletheia @ La Fille Naturelle: Another hilarious, and one of the most sincere bloggers you’ll meet in the blogosphere. If you like watching funny videos, this is your blog.
- Stella @ The Witchy Kitchen: Don’t let the word “witchy” fool you. Stella is definitely one of the nicest witches you’ll meet, and she stirs up very cool remedies as well.
- Valerie @ A Canadian Foodie: Always eager to learn and try new things. You’ll most likely learn a thing or two from her posts as well. She also wrote one of the best blog posts I’ve ever read here.
- Lynn @ The Actor’s Diet: A multi-talented (she acts, has perfect pitch, plays musical instruments, can drive a golf cart ;-)), gorgeous actress who’s not afraid to blog truthfully about what she eats daily.
- Sharon @ Only Here for the Food: An always informative, well-kept local blog. This is where I turn to for the latest local food news.
- Leah @ Why Deprive: A girl who’s not afraid to speak her mind daily about what’s happening in her world.
- Mary @ Keep Learning Keep Smiling: You will always be able to find a dish for even the pickiest eater on this blog including appetizers, soups, desserts, vegetarian recipes, and on and on.
- Sophia @ Burp and Slurp: Always well written posts with humor, honesty, and lots of yummy food pictures.
- Natasha @ 5 Star Foodie Culinary Adventures: Always coming up with delicious, unique recipes for her readers to enjoy. She also has great giveaways. As a matter of fact, she’s got one going on now here.
- Devaki @ Weave a Thousand Flavors: If you want down-to-earth soul food then this is the place to be. This woman is such a charm.
- Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life: A loving mom who shares her beautiful journey of motherhood and writes the most incredible, touching posts for her 7 month old daughter.
- Andrea @ Can You Stay For Dinner?: Two words, “FOOD porn.” Okay, so I’m not too crazy about the second word, but you get my drift.
- Tou Tou @ Light Delight With Tou Tou: A sincere blogger who loves to share her healthy, inventive creations.
- Biren @ Roti n Rice: From bread, to drinks, to desserts, to mouth-watering dishes, she’s got them all.
- Tanantha @ I Just Love My Apron (I wanted to include you on here Tanantha because you would have been on here anyways if you didn’t beat me to sharing these awards.)
Before I forget to mention this again, I did a culinary Q and A for Sharon over at her blog if any of you are interested in reading more about what I eat.
Until next time friends and family. Happy blogging beautiful blog friends.